Home | About Us | The Committee | Contact Us

Cannon Street

Burnley

Cannon Street, Wapping, looking to the Market Hall, circa 1890. Wapping was the area bounded by Bridge street, St. James’ Street, Hall street and the River Brun. The building on the right was once a private house which was later converted to the “Black Dog” Inn. The area was prone to flooding, as shown by the two flood-lines below the gas lamp.

Image Source = Kris Baxter
The Briercliffe Society © 2007-2017. All Rights Reserved.