|Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum
|Leaver / Lever
|Page 3 of 7|
|Author:||Leaver [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:45 pm ]|
St. Peter’s Parish Church, Burnley - Burials
No.1253, 15 Dec 1817, John Leaver, aged 75, Lee Green Extwistle
No.1895, 16 Mar 1820, Jane Leaver, aged 72, Wrogram Yate, Extwistle
No.347, 20 Jul 1831, Henry Leaver, aged 1, Calder Street Burnley
No.240, 2 Aug 1852, John Leaver, aged 3, Spout House
21 April 1845, Susanna Lever, aged 1, Workhouse
1 November 1846, John Lever, Infant, East Gate
|Author:||portia [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:11 pm ]|
I don't know whether you've made the connection Kris, but the John Leaver aged 3 is on the tree as the son of Margaret Leaver. Her sister Elizabeth (Betty) married Edward Procter 26/6/1854.
Spout house, given as the child's place of death, is where the Procter family were living in 1851 and for quite long time after. Odd that he should have died their when his aunt wasn't even married into the family at that time. I wonder if there are further connections we haven't made yet?
|Author:||Leaver [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:44 pm ]|
I don’t have this info, could you paste a word version below? Perhaps it was in the details I lost when my tree vanished a couple of months back. Thanks.
|Author:||portia [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:05 pm ]|
Descendants of Edward PROCTOR
Generation No. 1
1. EDWARD1 PROCTOR was born 1789. He married SUSAN UNKNOWN. She was born 1796, and died 03 May 1881.
More About SUSAN UNKNOWN:
Burial: 1881, haggate & Hill Lane Baptist Chapel1
Children of EDWARD PROCTOR and SUSAN UNKNOWN are:
i. JOHN2 PROCTOR, b. 1815; d. 24 Aug 1864.
More About JOHN PROCTOR:
Baptism: 26 Mar 18152
Burial: 1867, Haggate & Hill Lane Baptist Chapel3
ii. WILLIAM PROCTOR, b. 1817; d. 02 Aug 1867; m. SARAH; b. 1824; d. 02 Jan 1898.
More About WILLIAM PROCTOR:
Baptism: 30 Apr 1817, St Peter's Church, Burnley4
Burial: 1867, Haggate & Hill Lane Baptist Chapel5
iii. THOMAS PROCTOR, b. 1822.
More About THOMAS PROCTOR:
Baptism: 26 Apr 18226
2. iv. EDWARD PROCTOR, b. 22 Apr 1824.
3. v. PRISCILLA PROCTOR, b. 04 Feb 1832, Burnley, Lancashire.
Generation No. 2
2. EDWARD2 PROCTOR (EDWARD1) was born 22 Apr 1824. He married ELIZABETH LEAVER 26 Jun 1854 in The Register Office Burnley, Lancashire7. She was born 1828 in Briercliffe, Burnley, Lancashire.
More About EDWARD PROCTOR:
Census: 1881, Spout House, Burnley8
Children of EDWARD PROCTOR and ELIZABETH LEAVER are:
4. i. EDWARD3 PROCTOR, b. 1870, Burnley, Lancashire.
ii. JOHN PROCTOR, b. 1853.
iii. THOMAS PROCTOR, b. 1856.
3. PRISCILLA2 PROCTOR (EDWARD1) was born 04 Feb 1832 in Burnley, Lancashire9. She married THOMAS HEAP 1851 in Burnley10, son of JAMES HEAP and ANN CROSSLEY. He was born 19 Apr 1829 in Burnley, Lancashire.
More About THOMAS HEAP:
Occupation: 1861, Master stonemason11
Children of PRISCILLA PROCTOR and THOMAS HEAP are:
i. MARY3 HEAP, b. 1852.
ii. JAMES HEAP, b. 1855.
iii. EDWARD HEAP, b. 1858.
iv. SUSAN HEAP, b. 1860.
Generation No. 3
4. EDWARD3 PROCTOR (EDWARD2, EDWARD1) was born 1870 in Burnley, Lancashire. He married MARY CHADWICK 1895 in St Pauls Church, Little Marsden12, daughter of BENJAMIN CHADWICK and JANE UNKNOWN. She was born 1871 in Brierfield, Burnley.
More About EDWARD PROCTOR:
Census: 1901, 1 Reedley St Lanehead Burnley13
More About MARY CHADWICK:
Census: 1901, 1 Reedley St Lanehead Burnley13
Children of EDWARD PROCTOR and MARY CHADWICK are:
i. EDWARD4 PROCTER, b. 1896, Briercliffe, Burnley, Lancashire14; d. 16 Nov 1915, Dardanelles, Turkey.
More About EDWARD PROCTER:
Burial: 1915, Twelve Tree Copse Cemetery.Grave ref Sp. Mem. C. 26415
ii. BENJAMIN CHADWICK PROCTER, b. 1899, Briercliffe, Burnley, Lancashire16; d. 23 May 1918, St Nazaire, France.
More About BENJAMIN CHADWICK PROCTER:
Burial: 1918, Sucrerie Cemetery, Alblain, St Nazaire, France. Grave ref V. B. 1017
1. church records, F14 Headstone John Proctor, Spout House nr Burnley, August 24th 1864 aged 48yrs William Proctor, August 2nd 1867, aged 50yrs Sarah, wife of William January 2nd 1898 aged 74yrs Susan, mother of William, May 3rd 1881, 85yrs Sarah Jane STOUT, grand-daughter of William, died May 26th 1892, aged 6 years .
2. international genealogical index.
3. church records, F14 Headstone John Proctor, Spout House nr Burnley, August 24th 1864 aged 48yrs William Proctor, August 2nd 1867, aged 50yrs Sarah, wife of William January 2nd 1898 aged 74yrs Susan, mother of William, May 3rd 1881, 85yrs Sarah Jane STOUT, grand-daughter of William, died May 26th 1892, aged 6 years
4. church records.
5. church records, F14 Headstone John Proctor, Spout House nr Burnley, August 24th 1864 aged 48yrs William Proctor, August 2nd 1867, aged 50yrs Sarah, wife of William January 2nd 1898 aged 74yrs Susan, mother of William, May 3rd 1881, 85yrs Sarah Jane STOUT, grand-daughter of William, died May 26th 1892, aged 6 years .
6. international genealogical index.
7. marriage certificate, Burnley 6/1854 8e p284, When – 26 June 1854 Where – The Register Office, Burnley Groom – Edward Procter, 30 yrs, bachelor, labourer of Lane Head Burnley Bride – Betty Leaver, 26yrs, spinster, weaver of Lane Head Burnley Grooms father – Edward Procter, farmer Brides father – John Leaver, farmer Witnesses – Joseph Woabank and the mark (x) of Thomas Heap .
8. census return, 1881 Piece: 4148; Folio: 122; Page: 4.
9. international genealogical index.
10. lancashire bmd, Register no RM/5/7.
11. census return.
12. lancashire bmd, Burnely CE 124/1/431.
13. census return, 1901 Piece: 3866; Folio: 44; Page: 23..
14. bmd index, Burnley 6/1896 8e p165.
15. Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
16. bmd index, Burnley 6/1899 8e p168.
17. Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
The Proctor family censuses are here:
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk/tal ... .php?t=785
|Author:||portia [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:30 pm ]|
The answer to why the child died at Spout house is that his mother, Margaret Leaver, was by then married to Thomas Proctor.
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk/tal ... .php?t=248
Don't know why the little boy wasn't on the 1851 census with them.
So in fact two sisters married two brothers.
|Author:||Mel [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:47 pm ]|
Thats happened in our lot too. My sisters husband is Lyndons brother.
|Author:||portia [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:14 pm ]|
Does that mean your sister is also your sister-in-law and your husband is also your brother-in-law.
|Author:||Mel [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:23 pm ]|
Yes my sister is my sister in law but my hubby remains my hubby.
Makes it easier when buying cards for them, I can opt for either sister & brother in law or brother & sister in law
It also cuts cost on pressies too as they have 2 kids. They lost out though, one present each since I've been with Lyndon instead of one present off each of us for each of them.
|Author:||portia [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:30 pm ]|
As to Margaret Leaver/ Proctor's son John Leaver, I looked again at 1851 for Spout House. There's a 2-year old son, John Proctor listed so I guess that'll be him
|Author:||Mel [ Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:38 pm ]|
Notice of the passing of James Leaver, sent to me by Sue
|Author:||portia [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:50 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Ann Barker (nee Leaver) died 1856|
Ann BARKER of Cockden Briercliffe, aged 36, buried 26 June 1856 at Haggate Baptist Chapel
|Author:||Leaver [ Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:30 pm ]|
Burnley Express and News, July 3, 1943
LEAVER.-Noel Stanley, A.R.C.A., Cadet, 133 O.C.T. Group, R.A., beloved husband of Phyllis (nee Worswick), and eldest son of Gray and Edith Elizabeth Leaver, accidentally killed June 28th, 1943, aged 33 years. Internment, St. Mary’s Church, Mellor, near Blackburn, today, at 12-30 pm.-23, Emmanuel road, Southport.
1944 – LEAVER Noel Stanley of 26 Greenways Broomfield road, Chelmsford died 28 June 1943 at Park Hall Camp Whittington near Oswestry, Shropshire. Administration Liverpool, 26 January to Phyllis Leaver, widow. Effects £470 8s. 3d.
Noel Stanley Leaver married Phyllis Worswick at St. Mary Magdalene, Clitheroe, 1938
Gray Leaver married Edith Elizabeth Stanley at All Saints, Clayton le Moors, 1909
|Author:||portia [ Thu May 01, 2008 11:43 am ]|
|Post subject:||Abraham Leaver died 1919|
Abraham Leaver, died Burnley 1919, 2nd quarter.
Registration Burnley 8e 186
|Author:||Mel [ Mon May 19, 2008 8:33 pm ]|
Captain Harry Gray Leaver
Private Hartley Leaver
Private James Leaver
Private Richard Leaver
Private William Bannister Leaver
|Author:||Mel [ Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:39 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Leaver / Lever|
Kris, do you not have the Burnley Cemetery burials for Leaver?
|Page 3 of 7||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group