Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:29 pm 
Willfinder General

Last Will and Testament:
This is the last will and testament of me James Jackson of Roberts Row near Burnley in the County of Lancaster labourer I hereby revoke all testamentary writings here to for executed by me
and declare this to be my last will made and executed on the Twenty Eighth day of September, One Thousand Eight Hundred and Eighty. I devise and bequeath all my real and personal estate unto my dear Daughter Elizabeth Catlow absolutely for her sole and separate use free from marital control and her receipts alone shall be sufficient discharges for the same subject never the less to and charged with the payment of the sum of Seventy Six Pounds, Seven Shillings and One penny now due and owing by my said Daughter to Thomas Whitney of Burnley aforesaid Wholesale Grocer together with interest thereon at the rate of Five Pounds per untum per annum from the date of this my will until payment thereof and I appoint the said Thomas Whitney sole Executor of this my will in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand--------- the mark of James X Jackson signed by the said James Jackson as his last will in the presence of us present at the same time who at his request in his sight and presence and in the presence of each other have subscribed our names as attesting witnesses. This will having been first read over to the said James Jackson who appeared perfectly to understand the same and who made his mark thereto in our presence----------- Jas Hodgson Solicitor Burnley------------ F.W. Steel his clerk.
Proved at London 20th May 1881 by the oath of Thomas Whitney the sole executor to whom Admon was granted.
On the 20th day of May 1881 the will of James Jackson late of Roberts Row near Burnley in the County of Lancaster Labourer deceased, who died on 2nd day of May 1881 at No 34 Hulme Street Burnley aforesaid was proved in the Principal Registry of the Probate Division of the High Court of Justice, by the Oath of Thomas Whitney of Burnley aforesaid Wholesale Grocer the sole executor named in the will he having been first sworn duly to administer, Personal Estate under £100.
No Leaseholds.