Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NUTTER
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:45 am 

NUTTER Samuel b 1830 Briercliffe d 22 Nov 1894 (My 3x great grandfather. Son of John & Sarah Nutter)

THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
of me SAMUEL NUTTER of Number 35 North Street Burnley in the County of Lancaster Weaver
I hereby revoke all former wills made by me I appoint my dear wife Ellen and my son
James Nutter (hereinafter called “my trustees”) to be the EXECUTORS and TRUSTEES of
this my will I give and bequeath to my said wife Ellen the legacy or sum of one hundred
pounds absolutely I give devise and bequeath all my real and personal estate whatsoever
and wheresoever unto my trustees upon trust to sell call in and convert into money the
same or such part thereof as shall not consist of money and shall with and out of the
moneys produced by such sale and conversion and with and out of my ready money pay my
funeral and testamentary expenses and debts and the said legacy to my said wife and
shall stand possessed of the residue of the said moneys in trust for my four children
James Nutter Robert Nutter Willie Nutter and Ann Nutter in equal shares as tenants in
common to who I give and bequeath the same accordingly IN WITNESS whereof I have hereunto
set my hand this nineteenth day of November one thousand nine hundred and ninety four –
SAMUEL NUTTER – Signed by the said Samuel Nutter the testator as and for his last will
and testament in the presence of us present at the same time who at his request in his
presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses –
DANIEL BURROWS 7 Altham Street Burnley – JAS SMITH Solicitor Burnley

ON the 4th day of December 1894 Probate of this will was granted to Ellen Nutter and James Nutter the executors –

(Probate was granted to Ellen Nutter of 35 North Street & his son James Nutter, Weaver of 35 Colbeck Street gross value of personal estate £271 12s 9d)

Ellen was his 2nd wife and had only married him the previous year so she did very well out of him!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:34 am 
Spider Lady

Thanks go to John Nutter for sharing this with us

THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
of me JAMES NUTTER of Clay Cottage Brierfleld in the County of Lancaster Retired Farmer I HEREBY revoke all former Wills and other testamentary dispositions heretofore made by me and declare this to be last Will and Testament I APPOINT my two sons Edmund Nutter and James Halstead Nutter and my daughter Alice Nutter (hereinafter called my Trustees) to be the Executors and Trustees of this my Will I DEVISE AND BEQUEATH all the real and personal estate whatsoever and wheresoever of or to which I shall be possessed or entitled at the time of my death or over which I shall have any general power of appointment or disposition by Will unto my Trustees in fee simple and absolutely respectively UPON TRUST that my Trustees shall sell call in and convert into money the same or such part thereof as shall not consist Of money and shall out of my ready moneys and the moneys produced by such sale calling in and conversion pay my funeral ad testamentary expenses and debts and shall invest the residue of the said moneys AND shall stand possessed of the residue of such moneys and of the investments for the time being representing the same (hereinafter called my residuary trust fund) UPON TRUST to pay the income thereof to my wife Mary Alice Nutter during her life And after the death of my said wife my Trustees shall stand possessed of my residuary trust fund IN TRUST for my said three children Edmund Nutter James Halstead Nutter and Alice Nutter in equal shares as tenants in common for their own use absolutely PROVIDED ALWAYS that if any of my said children shall die in my lifetime leaving a child or children who shall survive me and being male shall attain the age of twenty one years or being female shall attain that age or marry under that age such children shall take and if more than one equally between them the share of my residuary trust fund which such deceased child of mine would have taken had he or she surviVed me AND I DECLARE that my Trustees may postpone the sale calling in and conversion of any part of my real or peronal estate for such period as they in their absolute discretion deem fit AND I DECLARE that all moneys liable to be or requiring to be invested under this my Will may be invested in any one or more of the following modes of investment
(a) Any investment from time to time sanctioned by law for the investment of trust funds
(b) Any public stocks or funds or government securities of Great Britain
(c) Freehold or leasehold securities (the latter having not less than Five hundred years unexpired at the dated of such investment) in Great Britain.
(d) Stocks bonds mortgages or securities (by whatsoever they may be called) of any public municipal or local body
or authority situated in Great Britain.
IN WITNESS whereof I have hereunto set my hand to this my Will this twelfth day of April One thousand nine hundred and twenty six.

SIGNED by the Testator James Nutter as
and for his last Will and Testament in
the presence of us both being present at the
same time who at his request in his
presence and in the presence of each other
have hereunto subscribed our names as
witnesses.

JAMES NUTTER

Harry Parker,
Solictor,
BURNLEY.

Frank Lambert,
Solicitor,
BURNLEY.

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 am 
Spider Lady

1932 NUTTER Ellen of 21 Ripon-street Nelson Lancashire (wife of Hartley Nutter) died 17 December 1931 Administration Lancaster 9 March to the said Hartley Nutter clothlooker.
Effects £459 14s. 4d.

1932 NUTTER Emma of 6 Talbot-street Briercliffe near Burnley (wife of Christopher Carey Nutter) died 21 March 1932 Administration London 4 July to Mary Alice Thornton (wife of Clifford Dyson Thornton)
Effects £61 7s. 4d.

1932 NUTTER Florence of 20 Chapel House-road Nelson Lancashire (wife of Robert Nutter) died 18 October 1932 Administration Manchester 10 December to the said Robert Nutter and George Atkinson Dickens cotton manufacturers.
Effects £1488 6s. 1d.

1932 NUTTER Henry of 35 Townhouse-road Nelson Lancashire died 25 January 1932 Administration London 12 February to Alice Ann Donohue (wife of Charles Donohue) and Ivy Greenwood (wife of Arthur Greenwood).
Effects £617 6s. 9d.

1932 NUTTER Henry of 87 Travis-street Burnley died 7 February 1932 Probate London 15 February to Isabella Gillett widow and Harry Nutter platelayer.
Effects £449 17s. 11d.

1932 NUTTER Janes of 13 Accrington-road Burnley died 2 January 1932 at Lamb-row Rawtenstall Lancashire Administration London 25 November to Ann Nutter widow and Willie Nutter confectioner.
Effects £5904 2s. 11d.

1932 NUTTER John of 172 Barkerhouse-road Nelson Lancashire died 6 August 1932 Probate London 18 August to Bertie Roland Nutter engineer and Ivy Clements (wife of George Henry Clements).
Effects £263 2s. 8d.

1932 NUTTER Richard of 59 Allendale-street Colne Lancashire died 4 September 1932 Probate London 10 October to Sydney Crane motor tyre salesman and William Ashworth shop manager.
Effects £182 1s. 6d.

1932 NUTTER Thomas of 45 Halifax-road Briercliffe near Burnley died 25 April 1932 Probate London 10 May to John Thomas Nutter fruiterer and James Nutter weaver.
Effects £245.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:34 am 
Spider Lady

1935 NUTTER Eliza of 25 Towneley-street Burnley widow died 3 June 1934 Administration London 2 August to Doris Nutter spinster
Effects £172 5s. 5d.
http://briercliffesociety.co.uk/Grave%2 ... tter10.htm

1935 NUTTER Henry of 30 Bankhouse-road Barrowford Lancashire died 4 March 1935 Administration Lancaster 30 March to Jane Nutter widow
Effects £173 14s. 11d.

1935 NUTTER James Edward of 5 Higgin-street Colne Lancashire died 6 July 1935 at Victoria Hospital Burnley Administration Lancaster 10 October to JOhn Edward Nutter butcher and Sarah Nutter spinster
Effects £431 11s. 1d.

1935 NUTTER William of 83 Fir-street Nelson Lancashire died 17 March 1935 Administration Lancaster 7 May to Lily Nutter widow
Effects £379 8s. 6d.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:03 am 
Spider Lady

1936 NUTTER Ellen of 13 Claughton-street Burnley widow died 26 February 1936 Probate London 5 March to Fred Nutter male nurse
Effects £328

1936 NUTTER Hartley of 86 Melville-street Burnley died 8 November 1935 Probate London 31 August to Jessie Nutter widow
Effects £300

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:30 am 
Spider Lady

1939 NUTTER Bertha of 34 Gilbert-street Burnley (wife of Jesse Nutter) died 11 February 1939 at the Municipal Hospital Burnley Administration London 16 March to the said Jesse Nutter cotton weaver
Effects £681 7s. 10d.

1939 NUTTER Fred of Royal Butterfly Hotel 83 Huffing-lane Burnley died 6 June 1939 at the Victoria Hospital Burnley PRobate London 23 June to Margaret Alice Nutter widow
Effects £800 10s.

1939 NUTTER Isabella of 8 Avondale-road Nelson Lancashire widow died 16 January 1939 at the Municipal Hospital Casterton-avenue Burnley Probate Lancaster 4 July to Catherine Latham Bradley (wife of Arnold Bradley) and James Tyrer Nutter weaver
Effects £436 11s. 7d.

1939 NUTTER Sarah Elizabeth of Mildenhall Gisburn-road Barrowford Lancashire spinster died 24 October 1938 Probate London 13 March to Hannah Ilett widow and Robert Pickles manufacturer.
Effects £7523 9s. 5d. Resworn £7490 8s. 5d.

1939 NUTTER William of 138 Manchester-road Burnley died 23 April 1939 Probate London 17 May to Janet Nutter widow.
Effects £121 1s.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:32 am 
Spider Lady

1931 NUTTER Alice of 160 Colne-road Brierfield Lancashire widow died 30 August 1931 Administration London 22 September to Sarah Jordan (wife of Laurance Jordan)
Effects £96 18s. 2d.

1931 NUTTER Elizabeth of 5 bond-street Nelson Lancashire spinster died 19 December 1930 Probate London 4 March to Elizabeth Nutter widow
Effects £921 6s. 9d.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 pm 
Spider Lady

1937 NUTTER Ann of 13 Accrington-road Burnley widow died 25 July 1936 at 33 Todmorden-road Burnley Probate London 12 March to Charles Crossley Pollard and John Harold Pollard solicitors.
Effects £5206 7s. 1d.

1937 NUTTER Edith of 15 Walton-street Barrowford Lancashire spinster died 19 December 1936 at Reedyford Bridge Barrowford Probate London 12 February to Christiana Hartley (wife of Starkie Hartley) and Frederick Nutter weaver
Effects £802 16s. 7d.
(Edith and her siblings (named here) descend from my Sutcliffe line. Their grandmother was a Mary Sutcliffe who married William Nutter in 1840 in Barrowford.)

1937 NUTTER Jessie of 25 Hebrew-road Burnley widow died 27 February 1937 at Municpal Hospital Burnley Probate London 26 April to Dorothy Doreen Dale (wife of George Dale)
Effects £1317 0s. 11d.

1937 NUTTER Lillias otherwise Lily of 82 Fir-street Nelson Lancashire widow died 9 June 1937 Probate Lancaster 16 August to Alfred Nutter mill manager
Effects £330 18s.

1937 NUTTER Sarah of 5 Lancaster Gate Nelson Lancashire spinster died 21 May 1937 Probate London 5 July to the reverend Edmondson John Masters Nutter clerk and Edward Dewhurst watch maker
£217 11s.

1937 NUTTER Thomas of Woodlands Fence near Burnley died 22 June 1937 Probate London 20 August to Mary Ann Nutter widow and William James Nutter chartered surveyor
Effects £4838 18s. 1d. Resworn £5676 11s. 8d.