Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:10 pm 
Willfinder General

Professor - James Edwin Duerden 1865-1937

1937 – DUERDEN James Edwain of Ashwood House, 46 Ashwood House, 46 Headlingley Lane, Leeds, died 4 September 1937 at the General Hospital Nottingham. Probate London 8 October to Mary Haworth Duerden and Margaret Taylor, Widows and Henry Landless Smith, solicitor. Effects £8,502 11s. 7d.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:18 pm 
Willfinder General

Last Will and Testament:
Be it known that William Duerden of 13 Nicholl Street Burnley in the County of Lancaster who died on the 13th day of August 1936 made and duly executed his last will and testament and did not therein name any Executor- and be it further known that the date hereunder written letters of Administration with the will.
(a copy whereof is hereunto annexed) of all the Estate which by law devolves to and vests in the personal representative of the deceased were granted by his Majesty's High Court of Justice at the Principal Probate Registry thereof to Ethel Duerden of 13 Nicholl Street Aforesaid widow the relish of deceased the residewary legalee named in the said will-
And it is hereby certified that on Affidavit for inland Revenue has been delivered wherin it is shown that the gross value of thse said Estate in Great Britain.
(exclusive of what the said deceased may have been possessed of or entitled to as a Trustee and not beneficially) amounts to £352-7-6 and that the said Affidavit bears a stamp of £2-10-0
Dated the 1st day of October 1936
Extracted by Lambert & Parker, Burnley
August 12th 1936
The last will & Testament of William Duerden, 13 Nicholl Street Burnley
I hereby bequeath all my properties, etc. to my wife, Ethel Duerden, also of 13 Nichol Street, Burnley.
Signed William Duerden
Witnesses o the above signature and signed in the presence of each other-
Herbert Edward Rawson, 12 Anthony Street Burnley, Loom Overlooker 12th August 1936
George Howarth, 21 Ribblesdale Street, Datalber, August 12/36

Express and News, August 15, 1936
DUERDEN, - On the 13th inst., at 13 Nicholl street, William, the dearly loved husband of Ethel Duerden.
Interment, Monday, Burnley cemetery, cortege leaving home 1-30. -Burnley Co-op. Soc., Tel. 2785.

Last edited by Leaver on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Wife of above
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:20 pm 
Willfinder General

Last Will and Testament:
In the High Court of Justice
The District Probate Registry at Liverpool be it known that Ethel Dargue of Westend Villa Padiham Road Burnley Lancashire formerly of 11 Earl Street Burnley aforesaid died on the 11th day of November 1983 domiciled in England and Wales and be it further known that at the date hereunder written the last Will and Testament (a copy whereof is hereunto annexed) of the said deceased was proved and registered in the said registry of the High Court of Justice and Administration of all the Estate which by law devolves to and vests in the personal representatives of the said deceased was granted by the aforesaid Court to HARRY DUERDEN of 6 Arkwright Street Burnley aforesaid the sole executor name in said will.
It is hereby certified that it appears from information supplied on the application for this grant that the gross value of the said Estate in the United Kingdom does not exceed £40000.00
And does not exceed £10000.00
Dated the 20th day of December 1983
Extracted by Donald Race and Newton, 4 Nicholas Street, Burnley

This will dated 20th February One Thousand Nine Hundred and Seventy Five is made by me Ethel Dargue of 11 Earl Street Burnley Lancashire widow
1. I Revoke all former wills
2. I Appoint my son Harry Duerden as sole executor of this will
3. I Give to my cousin Edith Ormerod of 5 St Johns Road the legacy of Ten Pounds
4. My executor shall hold the residue of my estate upon the following trusts:-
(a) To pay debts estate duty and executorship expenses
(b) To pay the residue to my sons Harry Duerden and Frank Duerden in equal shares or to the survivor PROVIDED that if either of them shall die in my life time leaving children such children shall on attaining the age of Eighteen years take equally between them the share which their parent would have taken if such parent had survived me.
The mark X Ethel Dargue
Signed by the said Ethel Dargue the testatrix with her mark as her last Will the same having been read over to her by me the undersigned Wilfred Horace Garratt Newton when she seemed thoroughly to understand the same in our joint presence and by us together in her presence.

Post subject: Father of above
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:22 pm 
Willfinder General

Last Will and Testament:
In His Majesty's High Court of Justice.
Be it known that William Duerden of 18 Fielden Street Burnley in the County of Lancaster, died on the 2nd day of November 1939 at the Municipal Hospital Burnley aforesaid.
And be it further known that at the date hereunder written Letters of Administration of all the Estate which by law devolves to and vests in the personal representative of the said interstate were granted by His Majesty's High Court of Justice at the Principal Probate Registry thereof to Gertrude Duerden of 18 Fielden Street aforesaid as lawful widow and relict of the said intestate.
And it is hereby certified that an Affidavit for Inland Revenue has been delivered wherin it is shewn that the gross value of the said Estate in Great Britain
(exclusive of what the said deceased may have been possessed of or entitled to as the Trustee and not benefiially) amounts to £227-0-0. and that the said Affidavit bears a stamp of £7-10-0.
Dated the 30th day of December 1939

Post subject: DUERDEN wills year order
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:49 pm 
Willfinder General

1916 - DUERDEN Ellen of 111 Burnley road, Harle Syke, Lancashire (wife of Laurence Duerden) died 16 April 1916. Administration London 10 June to the said Laurence Duerden, fruiterer. Effects £113 2s.

1916 – DUERDEN John of Steep Causeway Halifax-road, Briercliffe near Burnley, Lancashire, died 27 December 1915. Probate London 26 January to Samuel Duerden engineer and Hartley Spencer, reed manufacturer. Effects £4,697 5s. 4d.

1916 - DUERDEN Nancy of 11 Halifax road, Briercliffe near Burnley (wife of Thomas Duerden) died 5 September 1916. Probate London 2 November to the said Thomas Duerden, weaver. Effects £595 1s.

1917 – DUERDEN Sarah of 23 Regent street, Nelson, Lancashire, widow, died 15 February 1917. Probate Lancaster, 24 February to Herbert Duerden, weaver. Effects £242 4s. 3d.

1918 – DUERDEN Jerry of 65 Clayton street, Nelson, Lancashire, died 14 August 1918. Probate London 29 August to Emma Duerden, widow. Effects £116 18s. 10d.

1918 – DUERDEN Martha of 36 Whitworth street, Nelson, Lancashire (wife of Benjamin Duerden) died 30 November 1918. Administration London 16 December to the said Benjamin Duerden, weaver. Effects £50 7s. 3d.

1918 – DUERDEN Sarah of 45 Percy street, Nelson, Lancashire (wife of Landless Duerden) died 2 June 1918. Probate London 19 July to George Hudson, foreman overlooker and William Hudson, commercial trayeller. Effects £273

1919 – DUERDEN Thomas of 823 Briercliffe road, Burnley died 25 February 1919. Probate London 30 April to John Duerden, retired farmer, Willie Duerden, taper and Thomas Duerden, weaver. Effects £5

1937 – DUERDEN James Edwain of Ashwood House, 46 Ashwood House, 46 Headlingley Lane, Leeds, died 4 September 1937 at the General Hospital Nottingham. Probate London 8 October to Mary Haworth Duerden and Margaret Taylor, Widows and Henry Landless Smith, solicitor. Effects £8,502 11s. 7d.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:48 pm 
Willfinder General

1942 – DUERDEN Sydney of 6 Acre street, Haggate, Briercliffe, Burnley, died 22 February 1942, on war service. Probate, Lancaster, 19 May to Alice Duerden (wife of Willie Duerden). Effects £240 2s. 4d.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:04 pm 
Spider Lady

Quote:
1942 – DUERDEN Sydney of 6 Acre street, Haggate, Briercliffe, Burnley, died 22 February 1942, on war service. Probate, Lancaster, 19 May to Alice Duerden (wife of Willie Duerden). Effects £240 2s. 4d.

This is their gravestone

http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk/Gra ... erden2.htm

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!