Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 pm 

Hi there, as by the title you are obviously wondering what I am actually talking about. Well, you see my name is Danny Fallows, and I am currently at student at Blessed Trinity RC College in Burnley.
As I have learnt so much about Tattersall Wilkinson and his experiences in life I have come to think of the idea of producing a film script about Tattersall and his friends. The script storyline will be about Tattersall's life (Based on).

When I fully produce this script, I will be forcing myself really hard to push it forward to all film companies and film agencies so hopefully they will approve of this and make it into a film. Yes, I know it sounds stupid and that it will never happen, but i must try as i know for a fact that Tattersall's story is definitely one that thoroughly needs to be told. Firstly obviously, i will start to contact the Burnley Express and local newspapers etc to gain attention in Burnley, then branch out with the script to other parts of the county and then the country.

I was just starting this topic just to see is there anything wrong with me wanting to do this? - And also is there any information about Tattersall Wilkinson that would be really helpful and important for me to use? Just general facts really. Thanks!

Danny Fallows. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:37 am 
Spider Lady

Hi Danny, welcome to the forum.

I don't think it's a bad idea. He led a long interesting life and one that surprises me for the time that he lived. I'm surprised by how well he travelled. He had many interests, some still being extremely popular today. I'm thinking along the lines of astronomy and archaeology.

I'm sure you are aware of the newspaper articles he wrote as well as the articles written about him over the years. Some transcripts can be found on this site.

Why not contact the Society Committee and mention it to them? I'll send you a private message with Rogers email address.

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:56 am 

Thank you Mel that is great! I will certainly contact Roger and I will hopefully I will keep in touch. Thanks again!