Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:21 pm 
Spider Lady

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... truth.html

I was watching the mother of this young girl on BBC Breakfast this morning. I don't necessarily think she should have told her daughter but on the show she said the only person she told was her own mother. She even kept the news from the girls father, this is the bit I don't agree with.
What do others think?

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:41 pm 
Librarian

That poor poor Mother, what a devastating situation to find yourself in. I dont think anyone should judge her decision because nobody knew her daughter as she did, it would have been on Rachael's mind 24/7 trying to live a 'normal' cancer free life would have been impossible, it would have been the last thing on her mind at night and the first thing she thought of when she woke up in the morning. Unless you have lived with the cloud of Cancer hanging over your head you can't really empathise, you can sympathise, but that is not the same. She allowed her daughter a wonderful, worry free extra 4 years by carrying the burden between herself and her own Mother, I applaud both of them for their courage. As for telling her Dad, he hadn't bothered very much in the last 13 years of her life had he, He was her Father, yes biologically, but it takes putting in a few hard years graft and love to qualify for the title of Dad. He rushed to see her when he knew, he must have had a lot of regrets and if only's, so I feel sorry for him too because he will have to live with that, but it was his decision at the end of the day to be an absent Father.
There should be a lesson to us all there, but I am with her on this one I am afraid, if her friends have condemned her then they are fairweather friends and she will have found out who her true friends are.

Stephanie.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:59 pm 
Spider Lady

I agree with all that you say Stephanie but I still think he had a right to know. It may have been the wrong reason for him to change his ways but his son may have benefited from it while at an age that mattered?

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!