Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Virus
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm 
Computer Whizz

I was sent this and have forwarded it on but thought it worth putting on here.

Hi All,
I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!
I checked Snopes, and it is for real. Get this E-mail message sent around to all your contacts ASAP.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,'regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard discd C drive of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address on his/her contact list. That is the reason why you need t send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it!

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even if it is sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN.

It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

I'd be dangerous with a brain.

Post subject: Re: Virus
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:01 pm 
Spider Lady

Thanks Gloria. This is quite an old one, mother-in-law was caught with it a while ago. Always be on your guard, even if the mail is from someone you know. They could have been hit. Keep your anti-virus software up to date

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:14 pm 
Librarian

What I would like to know is why???? people do things this like this, what possible satisfaction can they get from it!!!!, they are very sad individuals arnt they.

Stephanie.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:52 am 
Spider Lady

They obviously get some sort of kick from it. They must have brilliant minds to be able to do it in can't put their intelligence to good use.

That said, did I once read that a hacker was given a top security job with a large organisation after he hacked the facility? Maybe that is what they all hope to achieve.

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!