Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:31 pm 
Spider Lady

Along T'Cut: Towpath Trail Through Burnley by Roger Frost.

http://www.sapbooks.co.uk/uk/buy-SAPFIB ... rnley.html

Priced from £182.57!! :shock:
It's a book on my wishlist but there is no way on this earth I will pay that kind of money!!

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:32 pm 
Librarian

Mel, I have this book and I think I payed £6 for it a couple of months ago. I got it from a super chap called Neville Chapman he has been a book dealer for over 15 years, he sells his books under the name of chapbooks. He has loads of old and interesting books I could spend an entire morning looking on his site, he lives in Bacup himself, and I find him to be very reliable and prompt in his dealings, I would recommend you to have a shufty at what he has, then let me know what you think, here is his e mail address.
www.ukbookworld.com/members/chapbooks

Stephanie.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:46 pm 
Librarian

I have just ordered another book from him called 'Walks in a Lancashire Township: No1 The villages of Briercliffe' by Roger Frost and Malcolm Higgin. I have just paid £4 for it, I will let you know what it is like when it arrives. Dont know where that other seller got his price from for 'Along t'cut', it is a ridiculous price.

Stephanie.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:33 pm 
Spider Lady

Funny you should mention Neville Stephanie. I placed an order with him this afternoon!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:36 pm 
Spider Lady

Burnleymasher wrote:
I have just ordered another book from him called 'Walks in a Lancashire Township: No1 The villages of Briercliffe' by Roger Frost and Malcolm Higgin. I have just paid £4 for it, I will let you know what it is like when it arrives. Dont know where that other seller got his price from for 'Along t'cut', it is a ridiculous price.

Stephanie.

I have that one Stephanie. It's an interesting book for someone who had little knowledge of the area (Like me!) and also broke a dream I had. One of the descriptions in the book matched an image I had had in a recurring dream. Funny, I've not had the dream since locating the image!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:45 am 
Librarian

That's spooooooky Mel.

Stephanie.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:58 am 
Spider Lady

It really freaked me out at the time Stephanie. The dream was not a particularly pleasant one.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:29 am 
Librarian

Since I have got older I experience a lot of unpleasant dreams, they are mostly about houses that I have lived in as a child, when I find the house again (in my dream) it is so changed and the area is nothing like it was when I lived there, I dont mean nice changes, I mean awful shocking changes, they really upset me and I remember them very clearly when I wake up, could be something to do with all this family history stuff that I do, dont you think. Funny thing the human brain when you think about it, you take things in when you are awake, then it can all get distorted in your dreams. I never used to remember my dreams when I was younger, I find stuff like dream interpretation very interesting would love to know more.

Stephanie.