Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:22 pm 

Hi every one I've been trying to write a book about the old coach operators of Lancashire I've got a lot of them they were family units men who had come back from the war in 1945 and went driving for local authorities like BCN Joint Transport Ribble Bracwells Robinsons Hellewells and many others around Lancashire after a year of two they set up there own Coach Firms I left BCN Joint Transport and went working for Shutt Brothers and this is the on I'm having trouble getting pictures, I got in touch with Raymond Williamson who was Jack Shutts unadopted son and Work for Shutts until they closed down, I asked him if he had any photos of the coaches they had he said he lent them to some one and he's never got them back, so does any one have any of these picture also Mittons of Colne Devonways there Garage was on Elm Street Burnley
also David Tattersalls Duke Bar Burnley, any help will be greatfully received. Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:39 pm 

Hi. My late father Tommy Coombe drove for Devonways whose garage was on the corner of Elm St and Old Hall St, also for David Tattersalls whose garage was on Cobden St, Duke Bar.

I have some recollections from the late 50s/early 60s but sadly no photos.

If I can assist in any way then please drop me an email and I will try and jog the old brain cells into action.

Regards.

M. Coombe.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 pm 

Just come across this via Google, so apologies for being so late!

Eric Shutt was my grandad and I'm sure we've got an old coach photo we'd be willing to share. I'd love to learn more about Shutt Brothers.

Please get in touch if you're still interested.

ianshutt@hotmail dot com