Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Annie Leaver
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:29 am 
Spider Lady

I was interested to see the photo of a group of 3 girls named in the text as Annie Leaver, Nanny Jackson, Alice Sutcliffe. The photo is located in the Briercliffe groups selection. Does anyone happen to know more about the Annie in the photo, date of birth, parents etc. My husband\'s maternal grandmother was an Annie Leaver - she was born 1875 and married Albert Holmes. but i know there are other Annies in the family. Just hoping it might be ours as we have no family photos and it would be nice to know what our Annie looked like.

This is the photo in question. http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk/Pho ... Girls1.htm

I emailed Mavis, the submitter and her repsonse was
The photo that you asked about, my Auntie Nanny was the one in the middle and the photograph came from Nanny’s sister Hannah. Do you remember we thought the three girls were on the following photograph which I thought looked like it could be a Sunday School class perhaps but I do not know. I don’t think it is the same Annie Leaver as my Auntie Nanny was born in 1904. But my Grandmothers side were called Leaver and I know there are quite a lot of them around Briercliffe.

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

Post subject: Re: Annie Leaver
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:58 am 
Willfinder General

I think this is Annie Leaver (1904-1959)

This is Annie's Will:
1959 – MANN Annie of 67 Thelwall Avenue Fallowfield near Manchester, widow died 19 August 1959 at Withington Hospital Manchester. Probate Lancaster 18 September to John Robert Leaver, cotton loom overlooker and Willie Leaver, cotton mill taper. Effects £1,572 2s.