Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:30 pm 

Hello, I'm new to this site and have just started doing my family history. My grandmother was Annie May Bannister, who died in the Black country, but was born in Blackburn. Her father was William (Henry?) Bannister and her mother Laura Laycock. William was the son of William Bannister and Sarah Edmondson (or Edmonton) of Burnley, who are mentioned elsewhere on this site. I believe William is the son of Henry Bannister and Alice Nutter. Laura was the daughter of Daniel Laycock and Ann Crabtree of Burnley.

I've noticed on the site there are links to various church records and family trees (particularly for the Nutter's) but none of the links seem to work, is there a seperate forum for these?

best wishes, Heather

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:41 am 
Spider Lady

Hi Heather, welcome to the site.
Could you copy an example (or tell me which thread you were looking at) of one of the broken links here please. It could be that I missed some when the site was updated a while back and you are the first to pick up on it.

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am 
Spider Lady

I have found several broken links in the Nutter thread. They should now work Heather.

I'll try and have another look through the site to make sure I didn't miss any more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:13 am 

Hi Mel,

I've checked the links I was after and they are now working. Thanks for such a quick reply!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:55 am 
Spider Lady

I'd missed quite a few Heather. Hardly surprising really, I did go through the forum page by page looking for links originally. We changed the admin system on the main site last year to make it more search engine friendly. This changed the page names which is why the links were not working!