Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:27 am 

I am interested in comunicating with a Jill Bannister who has added information to the John Nutter article or anyone else who has knowledge of Sarah Nutter and Henry Bannister, a weaver (b1845) of Green Bank Cottage Trawden. I am keen to find out the name and details of his parents if someone can help as I do not have access to this information.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:42 am 
Spider Lady

I don't think Jill is a member of the site. The file where Jill is mentioned was submitted by Annie29750. I will send her a PM to see if she is able to put you in touch with Jill.

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:28 pm 

Hi there
I have Jill's email address and will drop her a line asking if it's ok to get in touch with her. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from her. In the meantime I have info on that family on my Nutter file, like Mel said.
Annie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:27 pm 

Hello, it's, me, Jill. Annie kindly emailed me and said someone was looking for me, I've not been very active here since joining.

Sarah Nutter and William Bannister were my gg grandparents, Henry was born 18 Sep 1844 at Lane House, Trawden, to William Bannister and Mary, maiden name Allison. Somebody else I was in contact some time back insists the mothers maiden name was Harrison, but I have the birth cert obtained from the local office in the 1980s by my aunt, and I reordered it recently from the GRO along with his sister Elizabeths (b 11 Oct 1842) which both state Allison.

I have a copy of a photo of them with their 2 oldest children, if you would like to pm me your email address i can let you havea copy.

I read your post about Mary the missionary, my aunt gave me the info, she was only a child when Mary returned from Africa so must have misremembered. My brother has a spear head she brought back, and my aunt has a carved tortoise from those days.

All the best

Jill