Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:10 pm 

Hi everyone, I'm trying to track down a gentleman called Brian Clarke who appears in a press cutting dated c. 1965. In this press cutting - probably Nelson Leader - he is described as: 'A chemist's assistant, 20 year old Brian Clarke, of 46 Chapel Street, Brierfield, took home six of the eight trophies available when presentations were made to members of Nelson Homing Society at the Gasworkers' Club on Saturday.......' ( A copy of this press cutting appears under 'Mollies' Attic' in the photo section of this website) I believe Brian is living in the Colne area, but I can only find listed Clark - without the 'e' . I am hopeful that he may be able to help me to find out more about Ernest Halstead, who also appears in the same photograph. Ernest was my Dad's uncle. Any information that you think may help would be gratefully received! Many thanks - in anticipation.