Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Addresses in Brierfield.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:09 am 

Can anybody help me with addresses in Brierfield?

Looking for a family called Leathley ( there were about 11 children) who lived on a street Brierfield around 1901 and 1911

Also looking for the family called Eastwood living on the next street, Benjamin was head of the family and probably his wife Mary Ellen and daughter
Florence and in 1911 another daughter, married to Henry Sumner, living on the same street.
Just need the street names and house numbers to visit and photograph for my family.

Thanks, Hannah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:33 am 

Hi Hannah,

David, Frederica Leathley and family lived at 17 Junction Street, Brierfield. Benjamin Eastwood was at 17 Taylor Street and living with him were Martha and Henry Sumner. In 1901 Benjamin and Mary Ellen were at 21 Walpole Street, Burnley.

Junction Street was/is across the railway from Taylor Street next to the gas tower, but the houses are no longer there.

Mo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:42 am 

Thanks Mo, The grandaughter of Fred Leathley and my grandmothers sister Florence is due here next week to see where her grandparents lived and we now have both sets of gt. grandparents as well :D :D

I had thought the streets were somewhere across the road, but at least I can point out the empty space.

Much appreciated, the directions are good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:40 am 

I forgot to mention that Benjamin Eastwood was living at 21 Walpole Street, Burnley in 1901 - that is still standing!

Mo