Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:13 pm 
Willfinder General

http://www.burnleytoday.co.uk/burnley-n ... id=2706850

Burnley's 'wedding of the year'

"I felt like a princess"
Quote By : Bride Lindsay Walker
A YOUNG Burnley couple are adjusting to married life after getting hitched, courtesy of a dream prize they won in a radio competition.

Mr and Mrs Gareth and Lindsay Walker, of Netherwood Street, Harle Syke, entered the 2BR Wedding of the Year competition last year – and won.

The £20,000 package included everything from wedding and bridesmaids' dresses and rings to candyfloss favours and a chocolate fountain.

The pair beat 220 other hopeful couples to get to the final where they took 52% of the votes. Gareth (24) said: "Everyone we knew rang the radio station to vote for us. We even had people ringing from Bahrain, Argentina and New Zealand."

"We were over the
moon when we won the competition," said Lindsay (26). "We couldn't believe it."

The couple were married at St James's Church, Briercliffe, and the ceremony was followed by a reception at the Mytton Fold Country House Hotel.

Said Lindsay: "The day was just amazing. For me the most memorable parts were seeing Gareth at the altar and releasing white doves after the ceremony. The good weather just made it all the more special. We had planned to get married anyway but it wouldn't have been as extravagant as the one we won. I felt like a princess."

The pair were joined by 65 guests for the ceremony, including their baby daughter Millie Grace who was the flower girl.

Gareth, a self-employed builder, said: "We had a fantastic day. It felt great when I saw Lindsay walking down the aisle with our daughter."

The couple are now looking forward to a five-star honeymoon in Paphos, Cyprus.