Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Oral History Interviews
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 pm 

Hi everyone,
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section!
Hopefully you have heard that I am looking to record some oral interviews to try and document what growing up in Briercliffe was like.
I was just wondering if anyone was interested in being recoded for it? All of the interviews will be handed over to the society, and North West Sound Archive, and copies made available for vetting if so required.
I am able to record in people's homes, or a convenient place, and depending on people's availability will be holding some times in Queen Street Mill for people to 'drop in'.

I've already had one interview with Roger, where he chatted about his childhood memories and the results were brilliant.

It would be a great opportunity to record people's memories for future generations that can hopefully be carried on and added to, and I am very flexible with time and dates.

I would also be able to send an interview questionnaire, if anyone was uncomfortable chatting to me.

If anyone would like any more information, feel free to message me here, or email me at briercliffememories@gmail.com (this address email will also be turned over to the group)

Thank You
Jack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:42 am 
Spider Lady

So often people think they have nothing to add that is of any importance to anyone else. My dad is a prime example. The amount of times I have tried to pick his brains and his response is nearly always 'oh I don't know' or 'I don't remember'. So off I go to visit his uncle or his cousin and I tell Dad of the conversations on my return and new titbits I have been told for him to say 'Oh I could have told you that.' Aaarrgghhh!

Jack, could you send me a copy of your questionnaire please? I'm wondering of one of the questions you have on it might trigger something in mums memory that she was told by Nan or Aunt Ada.

Memories are so very precious and important. Once you are gone, so are they!

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!