Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dent
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:56 pm 
Spider Lady

DENT James Mustyhaugh near Burnley Farmer & Stone mason Aug 1835.

Taken from a book at Rochdale that indexed Lancashire and Cheshire Wills, I think this should be available from the LRO at Preston.

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

Post subject: Re: Dent
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:49 pm 

Hi Mel,
what does that mean? Does this indicate you have found a will for the name 'Dent'?
I stumbled upon this board when searching for Briercliffe and Extwistle.
Seems many of my Dent ancestors come from these areas. Many seem to be stonemasons too.

Thanks
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 am 
Spider Lady

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

I happened to be in Rochdale library with a friend who had specific research to do. I was killing time and picked up a few books while waiting for her.

This particular book was an index of Lancashire and Cheshire Wills and gave no information about the contents of the Will. If you contact the Lancashire Record Office (LRO), quoting 'DENT James Mustyhaugh near Burnley Farmer & Stone mason Aug 1835,' they should be able to tell you if they have the will there and possibly provide you with a copy of the will for a small fee. The contact details are here http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/education/record_office/

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am 

Mel wrote:
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

I happened to be in Rochdale library with a friend who had specific research to do. I was killing time and picked up a few books while waiting for her.

This particular book was an index of Lancashire and Cheshire Wills and gave no information about the contents of the Will. If you contact the Lancashire Record Office (LRO), quoting 'DENT James Mustyhaugh near Burnley Farmer & Stone mason Aug 1835,' they should be able to tell you if they have the will there and possibly provide you with a copy of the will for a small fee. The contact details are here http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/education/record_office/

Hi Mel,
many thanks, that's great.

Mike