Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Baron Terrace, Burnley.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:02 pm 

My Great, Great Grandmother Rachel Gill owned a number of properties on Baron Terrace. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me if Baron Terrace still exists or where it once stood. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:07 am 
Computer Whizz

Hi, if no one comes up with it on here it might be worth contacting Burnley reference library.

I'd be dangerous with a brain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:50 pm 

Baron Terrace was demolished some time ago. It was situated parallel to Rumley Rd which in turn was a continuation of Spring Hill Rd. I have it on an old map at rather a large scale if this is any use to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:06 pm 

Thank you very much for your information about Baron Terrace. I have not lived in Burnley for many years and was hoping that it was still there to visit. I have a map of Burnley thank you so will look for the roads you mentioned to pinpoint where Baron Terrace stood. In my Great, Great Grandmother's will she mentions owning seven cottages on Baron Terrace but I imagine they would be stone terraced houses? Thank you again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:47 pm 

Sorry to give you a load of duff information. The maps were of such a large scale the roads slid off the screen.
Starting again. Demolished --Yes.
Starting at the Manchester Rd end just below the railway. Healey Wood Rd.> Marlborough St. At the far Right hand end behind the last row of houses was Barron Terrace. Now occupied by a works.
If you use Lancashire Mario Maps, Block Burnley, get the area then tick the 1960 aerial view you can see the Terrace.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:23 pm 

I have got the location now with your new info. Thanks very much again. Kindest regards.