Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:17 pm 
Willfinder General

1934 - CATLOW Charles of 49 Hollingreave Road Burnley died 21 May 1934 Probate Lancaster 12 June to Willie Catlow coal dealer.
Effects £269 8s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:18 pm 
Willfinder General

1923 - CATLOW Mary of 35 Hollingreave road Burnley widow died 7 November 1922 Administration (with will) Lancaster 13 February to Mary Emma Catlow spinster.
Effects £323 1s. 8d.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:21 pm 
Willfinder General

1958 - CATLOW Harold Egbert Ferdinand of Queen Street Heywood Lancashire died 23 April 1958 Administration Manchester 19 June to John Catlow motor mechanic
Effects. £363 6s. 7d.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:24 pm 
Willfinder General

Will:
DEATH ON OR AFTER 1st January 1898.
Will
BE IT KNOWN that Samuel Catlow of 58 Reed Street Burnley in the County of Lancaster died there on the 28th day of August 1928
AND BE IT FURTHER KNOWN that at the date hereunder written the last Will and Testament
of the said deceased was proved and registered in the Principal Probate Registry of His Majesty's High Court of Justice, and that administration
of all the estate which by law devolves to and vests in the personal representative of the said deceased was granted by the aforesaid Court to
Albert Pickles of 144 Coal Clough Lane Burnley aforesaid secretary and William Duerden of 13 Nicholl Street Burnley aforesaid railway clerk the executors
named in the said will
Dated the 19th day of September 1928
Gross value of Estate ...........£894 - 8s - 0
Net value of Personal Estate ......£860 - 8s - 0

THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of me SAMUEL CATLOW of fifty eight Reed Street Burnley in the County of Lancaster Gentleman I hereby revoke all
former wills and testamentary dispositions hereunder made by me and declare this to be my last will I appoint Albert Pickles of one hundred and forty four CoalClough Lane
Burnley aforesaid Assurance Agent and William Duerden of nineteen North Street Burnley aforesaid Railway Clerk to be the EXECUTORS of this my will I give to the said Albert
Pickles and the said William Duerden for their trouble in acting as executors the sum of ten pounds each free of legacy duty I give to my nephew Abraham Barker of fifty three
Patmos Todmorden in the County of York the legacy or sum of ten pounds free of legacy duty I give devise and bequeath all the residue of my real and personal property what
so ever and wheresoever situate unto my dear wife Fanny Catlow for her own use and benefit absolutely IN WITNESS whereof I have to this my last will set my hand this sixteenth
day of May one thousand nine hundred and twenty three - SAMUEL CATLOW Signed by the said Samuel Catlow the testator as and for his last will in the presence of us both present
at the same time who in the sight and presence and presence of each other have hereunder subscribed our names as witnesses - FRED SMITHSON 104 Springfield Road Burnley
Butcher - ANN BELL 70 Reed Street Burnley Housewife
Proved 19th September 1928.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:27 pm 
Willfinder General

1905 - CATLOW Hargreaves of the “Bee Hive” hotel Burnley, licensed victualler died 14 November 1904 Administration Lancaster 22 February to Elizabeth Catlow widow.
Effects £ 86. 19s. 7d.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:28 pm 
Willfinder General

Will extract – 1890
CATLOW Elizabeth. 26 November 1890. The will of Elizbeth Catlow formerly of 15 Tente Street Burnley but late of 91 Anne Street Burnley both in the county of Lancaster, spinster who died 13 October 1890 at 91 Anne Street, was proved at the Principal Registry by Thomas Catlow of 93 Anne Street Loomer and Twister, the sole Executor.
Personal Estate £199. 5s. 6d.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:31 pm 
Willfinder General

Will:
BE IT KNOWN that Elizabeth Catlow of 6 Bromsgrove Road Burnley in the County of Lancaster widow
Who at the time of her death had a fixed place of abode at 6 Bromsgrove Road aforesaid within the District of Lancaster died on the 22nd day of April 1911 at 6 Bromsgrove Road aforesaid
AND BE IT FURTHER KNOWN that at the date hereunder written the last will and Testament
Of the said deceased was proved and registered in the District Probate Registry of His Majesty's High Court of Justice at Lancaster and the administration of all the estate which by law devolves to and vests in the personal representative of the said deceased was granted by the aforesaid Court to Minnie Howarth and Emily Howarth both of 6 Bromsgrove Road aforesaid spinsters (daughters of the testatrixes daughter Mary Ann Holdsworth) the executrixes named in the said will
Dated the 31st day of May 1911
Gross value of EstateŒ..£196.
Extracted by Pollard and Birtwell Solicitors Burnley

This is the Last Will and Testament of me Elizabeth Catlow -------of 6 Bromsgrove Road Burnley in the County of Lancaster Widow. I give all my property whatsoever to Minnie Howarth and Emily Howarth (children of my daughter Mary Ann Holdsworth) absolutely to be equally divided between them and if either of them the said Minnie Howarth and Emily Howarth shall die in my lifetime then I give the share of the one so dying to the other of them absolutely and I appoint the said Minnie Howarth and Emily Howarth Executors of this Will in witness whereof. I have set my hand to this my will this twenty eighth day of September One thousand nine hundred and eight ---------
Signed by the said Elizabeth Catlow the Testatrix as and for her last will and Testament in the presence of us both being present at the same time who at her request in her presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as attested witnesses
J.C. Pollard Solicitor Burnley
Chas S. Jones His Clerk
On the 31st May 1911 Probate of this will was granted at Lancaster to Minnie Howarth and Emily Howarth spinsters the Executrixes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 pm 
Willfinder General

Will:
DEATH ON OR AFTER 1st JANUARY, 1898
BE IT KNOWN that Joseph Catlow of 98 Waterbarn Street Burnley in the County of Lancaster
Died on the 3rd day of April 1901 at 98 Waterbarn Street aforesaid
AND BE IT FURTHER KNOWN that at the date hereunder written the last Will and Testament ------------------
Of the said deceased was proved and registered in the Principal Probate Registry of His Majesty's High Court of Justice, and that administration of all the estate which by law devolves to and vests in the personal representative of the said deceased was granted by the aforesaid Court to Harry Catlow of 98 Waterbarn Street aforesaid, beamer, his son of the said deceased his sole executor
Named in the will
Dated the 13th day of April 1901
Gross value of Estate Œ. £ 50 - 0 - 0
Net value of Personal Estate £ 10 - 10 -0

THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of me JOSEPH CATLOW of 98 Waterbarn Street Burnley in the county of Lancaster Tape Sizer I hereby revoke all former wills and testamentary dispositions made by me and ~ declare this to be my last will and testament I appoint my son Harry Catlow (herein after called "my trustee") to be the sole EXECUTOR and Trustee of this my will I give devise and bequeath all my real and personal estate and effects whatsoever and wheresoever unto my trustee Upon trust that my trustee shall sell call in and convert into money the same or such part thereof as shall not consist of money and shall with and out of the moneys produced by such sale calling in and conversion and with and out of my ready money pay my funeral and testamentary expenses and debts and shall stand possessed of the residue of the said moneys in trust for all my children who being sons have attained or shall attain the age of twenty one years or being daughters have attained or shall attain that age or marry under that age in equal shares and if there shall be only one such child the whole to be in trust for that one child Provided always that if any child of mine shall die in my lifetime leaving a child or children who shall survive me and being a son or sons shall attain the age of twenty one years or being a daughter or daughters shall attain that age or marry under that age then and in every such case the last mentioned child or children (and if more than one equally between them) shall take the share which his her or their parent would have taken of and in the said residuary trust moneys if such parent had survived me attained me and attained the age of twenty one years IN WITNESS ~ whereof I have hereunder set my hand this thirtieth day of March One thousand nine hundred and one - the mark X. of JOSEPH CATLOW. - Signed by the said Joseph Catlow
The testator as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us present at the same time who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses the said will having been first read over to him in our presence when he seemed thoroughly to understand the same and made his mark there to in our presence. - JAS SMITH Solicitor Burnley - DAVID SMITH Solicitor Burnley.
On the 13th day of April 1901 Probate of this Will was granted to Harry Catlow the sole Executor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:35 pm 
Willfinder General

1918 - CATLOW Samuel of 6 Netherby Street Burnley died 14 December 1917 Administration London 9 March to Christiana Catlow widow.
Effects £738. 13s. 2d

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:37 pm 
Willfinder General

1957 - CATLOW Louis of 17 Hawthorne Road Burnley died 23 October 1956 at the Private Patients Home Royal infirmary Manchester Probate Lewes 15 January to Mary Olga Catlow widow.
Effects £10,461 1s. 4d.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:38 pm 
Willfinder General

1948 - CATLOW Amos of 1 Westbourne Avenue Burnley died 12 February 1948 Probate Liverpool 29 April to Frank Nelson Catlow civil servant and Alfred John Catlow master painter.
Effects £ 2,221 10s. 9d.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:38 pm 
Willfinder General

1974 - CATLOW Vincent of 13 Adamson Street Burnley died 6 September 1974, Administration Liverpool 13 November £1,000.00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 pm 
Willfinder General

1962 - CATLOW Isabella of 55 Burnley Road, Brierfield, Nelson, Lancashire, spinster died 4 February 1962, probate Manchester 30 March to Edith Catlow spinster and John Catlow estate agent. Effects £ 834 17s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 pm 
Willfinder General

1964 - CATLOW Alice Ann of 55 Burnley Road, Brierfield, Nelson, Lancashire, spinster died 5 February 1964, probate Manchester 14 April to Edith Catlow spinster and John Catlow estate agent. Effects £2,879.

Post subject: CATLOW of Burnley
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:41 pm 
Willfinder General

1863 – 9 November
Effects under £450
Of Ann Catlow (wife of John Catlow) late of Burnley in the county of Lancaster deceased who died 12th January 1863 at Burnley aforesaid was proved at Lancaster by the oath of James Folds the younger of Burnley aforesaid cotton spinner the surviving executor. Probate being granted under certain limitations

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next