Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

Page 1 of 1

Author:  rexwatson [ Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:10 pm ]
Post subject:  pill


A ball, typically a small tennis-sized one.

'as anyone got a pill, we cud 'ave a kick-about. ('we' as in ten year olds in the 1950s)

May be a term in textiles or kmitting, for a small lump or ball of thread or wool.

Anyone know it ?


Author:  Mel [ Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: pill

I have heard in terms of wool

Author:  Gloria [ Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: pill

I have heard the term applied to wool garments after washing/wear when the wool goes into little balls, it's called pilling.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group